Looking for a way to get your kids to eat asparagus? Try making these baked asparagus fries. They’re totally healthy, but so delicious that the kids will be gobbling up their veggies. #ParentingWin
– 1 large egg
– 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
– 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp salt , divided
– 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumb
– 1 lb asparagus , tough ends snapped off
– 1/2 cup canola oil
– Combine egg and mustard in a shallow bowl, and beat until uniform.
– Combine flour and ¾ tsp salt in another bowl.
– Place panko crumbs on a plate.
– Put all of the asparagus into the flour mixture and toss to coat; don’t worry if there is a very fine coating that sticks to the asparagus.
– Working with a few spears at a time, hold the tips of the asparagus, coat with the egg mixture and roll in panko (leaving tips clean if possible).
– Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium. Working in batches, fry asparagus, turning as needed, for 1 to 2 min or until panko is golden and asparagus is tender-crisp. Remove from heat, season with the remaining ¼ tsp salt and serve.
SUBSCRIBE to the Today’s Parent channel: http://bit.ly/1sv2xFr
Find all the latest videos at http://www.todaysparent.com/videos/
Like us at https://www.facebook.com/TodaysParent/
Tweet us at https://twitter.com/todaysparent
Share the love at https://www.instagram.com/todaysparent/
And don’t forget to pin it at https://www.pinterest.com/todaysparent/